Author Topic: blower transistor replacement guide  (Read 25197 times)

Offline ady

Re: blower transistor replacement guide
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 06:52:32 am »
I have a problem with my heater/blower not working at all, and it seems reading through this thread that I might have to either replace the transistors myself using Tester VTS's fantastic "how to do it" write up above, or just replace the whole transistor unit which can be obtained off ebay for ?16, and this is with the  uprated transistors fitted. I have also found another site that has all the removal of heater/blower details (almost identical to Tester VTS's) and it explains exactly how to remove and replace the transistor unit. This is ideal if you don't want to mess about soldering transistors onto your PCB.
Please note that I do not want to seem to be treading on Tester VTS's feet by adding this post as I think it is great for someone to take the time to photograph a proceedure and add step by step instructions, and I applaude him for this.

Here is the link to the other site  http://www.blower-motor-resistor.co.uk/citroen-zsara-heater-blower-motor-control-unit.html

Genuine Citroen head gasket oil leak, Scuffed alloys, One off excl. stone chipped front bumper, complete with tow bar.

I like making my guests feel like they're at home, even if
I wish they were.

Offline ady

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:32 am »
I am glad to say that after removing the heater fan this morning at 7 O' stupid clock, I found that the main big red wire to the fan was disconnected or had come away. After crimping it up a little and inserting it back from whence it came, WOO HOO, the fan started spinning. Fitted fan back with the 3 screws and tested the controls.....................all seems to be working fine now. O0 Only my central locking and an oil leak to put right now and the car is in perfect shape. O0

Can I just add, that without this site, I wouldn't have known where to start with this. Thanks guys. O0

Genuine Citroen head gasket oil leak, Scuffed alloys, One off excl. stone chipped front bumper, complete with tow bar.

I wish they were.

Offline ady

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 11:11:30 am »
Just got delivery of a blower fix-it-kit from ebay. This guy supplies the 2 transistors c/w bolts and nuts and even a syringe full of thermal paste, all for ?16 + .99p p+P. Gonna keep hold of it until the fan stops or blows full belt as I've read about. For now it is working just fine. O0

I wish they were.

Offline colinK

Re: blower resistor replacement guide
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Would appreciate help in diagnosing if my problem is the transistors or something else.

Firstly do the photos in this guide relate to my 04 xsara with aircon?

I have a 2004 xsara estate with air con

The blower motor does not work.

My wife had the car away for over a month when the fault developed. She tells me the fan just stopped working, but came on sometimes when she went over a bump, then ceased completely.

I have little faith in my wife's recounting of problems, but this is what she told me. She has no knowledge of what appears to be the common 'full speed' resistor problem.

I have read a number of posts about older xsara and zantia fan problems but I am not sure how many of them apply to my car.

I will describe my diagnostics so far and would appreciate if anyone could suggest what further testing I can do:

Engine running
2 pin plug with heavy red / black wire plugged in. Check for 12v+ and 12v- both Ok (no 12v+ when ignition on but engine not running)

Check for 12v+ at red cable on 4 pin plug going into motor - OK
Connect a test bulb (screwdriver) between earth and yellow wire on 4 pin plugs - a relay clicks, but nothing else happens

When engine running and rotary fan switch turned to approx 3/4 distance, a motor on top of heater unit opens a flap on top of heater unit.

Any suggestions welcome

ColinK

Link to photos of my cables and voltage checks

Like I said, I don't have a circuit diagram, but assume that the transistors are used as a series regulator, and all this is shorted out when you select full speed for the blower.

Silicon transistors fail by either going completely short-circuit, or the emitter-base junction goes open-circuit, so S/C will give full speed all the time, and O/C will give no blower at all except when you select "full".

Fonz' problem will therefore be nothing to do with the transistors.

Offline colinK

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 11:03:56 pm »
I still need help on this, if anyone can help.

ColinK

Offline colinK

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:02 pm »
I still need help on this, if anyone can help

Offline johnpaul

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
the ebay link on hear dont work any more i have tryed searching on ebay for the corect one but cant find it does any one know were i can get one from ??

Offline discv

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 07:11:10 pm »
As posted elsewhere on this forum- the link keeps expiring.

Search Ebay ' Citroen/Peugeot heater blower motor fix kit '.

Used these uprated transistors myself about a year ago with no problems
52 Xsara Ph2 1.4 manual 5 door LX

Offline Richie1985

• Quartz Silver PH2 VTS

Gen Body Kit, K&N Induction, Pipercross Filter, Boost Valve, De-Cat, Advanced Cams, Full Apex Suspension, Angel Eyes, 16"Alloys, Full Leather, Razo Pedals, Sony Head Unit, 2xVibe + 2xInfinity Speakers, 1200w Sub+Amp, All Round Tints

Offline bob

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »
up dated? so can this still be bought????

Online The Wrinkly Ninja

• aka Phil1.6
  • Administrator
  • WRC Champion
  • C5 2.0 HDi 138 Exclusive Auto.
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:34 pm »
YES!
       Official CXOC Snapper         Oel ngati kameie Tsmukan

Offline Tegelane5

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »
 So original transistors are FW26025A1
pnp darlington's
Ic- 20A
Vce-100V
TO-3 casing
 That can be bought from any electronic parts store.
But that sale and price are fare.

Offline trimy

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »
Hi, I read quite a few posts here. Got the same problem. Blower was on and off 2 months ago. Now it is not working at all. If I put my hand next to the vents, I can still feel the heat. But no air is coming out in all settings. My car is 2001 2.0 HDI, it has A/C. Could somebody tell me whether this post is correct to follow? And I just need to replace this part?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Peugeot-heater-blower-motor-fix-kit-FW26025A1-/220799510139?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D320671891210%252B320671891210%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1012530461023488029#ht_2919wt_1140

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:37:03 pm by trimy »