Author Topic: Leaking water from pasanger side  (Read 803 times)

Offline Mar4ix

Leaking water from pasanger side
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:37:39 am »
Hi folks, citroen xsara, 2001 , n0 body, 3 door coupe.

Leaking water from pasanger side doors, i checked rubber, it is not broken or any kind damaged, what could be a problem ? is that would be door rubber or something else?i can see that carpet is actually wet 5 inches from front door corner, and leaks in to front passenger mat and creates small pool. Sick of this. anyone has any idea where the problem ??

thanks

Offline The Wrinkly Ninja

• aka Phil1.6
  • Administrator
  • WRC Champion
  • C5 2.0 HDi 138 Exclusive Auto.
Re: Leaking water from pasanger side
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:36 am »
Leaks in thro' doors are rare. Water in passenger footwell is usually either from a dislodged aircon drain pipe, which is behind the carpet lining at the top front of the footwell. Remove 3 screws and drop it down - rubber drain runs from bottom of blower unit there towards midline then out thro floor rubber grommet. Only push fit at either end.

Other option is a leaky heater matrix, up high behind the dash. If you run your hand up the back there and it's wet, there's your problem
       Official CXOC Snapper         Oel ngati kameie Tsmukan

Offline vts owner surrey1971

• Citroen mad!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:41 am »
Does the water smell of anything for example anti freeze, could be one of a few often talked about.
Normaly though check heater matrix or pies to it, blocked drain points very likely too.

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:03 am »
Leaks in thro' doors are rare. Water in passenger footwell is usually either from a dislodged aircon drain pipe, which is behind the carpet lining at the top front of the footwell. Remove 3 screws and drop it down - rubber drain runs from bottom of blower unit there towards midline then out thro floor rubber grommet. Only push fit at either end.

Other option is a leaky heater matrix, up high behind the dash. If you run your hand up the back there and it's wet, there's your problem

hi, actually lining pins.. which is in carpet, are rusty in , where door rubber goes over carpet.
And it is wet only when raining. ... big rain, if small rain, drizzle, then ok, no leak. 

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
Does the water smell of anything for example anti freeze, could be one of a few often talked about.
Normaly though check heater matrix or pies to it, blocked drain points very likely too.

No it does not smell or taste  any kind, just a water.

Offline vts owner surrey1971

• Citroen mad!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »
Sounds like blocked drain point somewhere then, if your sure it's to do with the door, maybe remove door rubbers and look for rust.

If unsure still you could try a large piece of white paper in the area, and eithe run a hose or go through a car wash, then you will see on the paper where the leak comes from.
Although I think what ninja said about air con and drain points are worth looking at first.

• aka Phil1.6
  • Administrator
  • WRC Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »
Inside doors, there should be a waterproof membrane, which should direct any incoming water from the window seal outward.

Door rubbers can easily be inspected for intactness and a quick test - if the seal will hold a single sheet of A4 paper without dropping if unsupported, then the seal's good enough.

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »
will look on aircon thingy , also , got door rubber from scrapyard, just to save me another trip to there.

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »
also, i would not it call as coincidence, that only wet floor, when rain comes, i think there is nothing about air conditioning, and actually i am not turning it on, as no need it here :)

• aka Phil1.6
  • Administrator
  • WRC Champion
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »
You don't have a sunshine roof do you?

Also, if it's only when it rains, check out the vent in front of the windscreen - if the area under there where the wiper motor lives is full of dead leaves, then water will build up in there and spill over inside the car.

Oh, and not running aircon isn't a good thing. It needs to be on at least once a month all year round.

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »
You don't have a sunshine roof do you?

Also, if it's only when it rains, check out the vent in front of the windscreen - if the area under there where the wiper motor lives is full of dead leaves, then water will build up in there and spill over inside the car.

Oh, and not running aircon isn't a good thing. It needs to be on at least once a month all year round.
yes, i did check that water drain, it was clear, and actually could see through ... when platic wheel arch cover was off... was doing some work there.

just i cant stop thinking about rubber, there is pipe inside, and have little drains on the bottom, maybe something stuck , and water not running away outside, but leaking through little hole inside car, ive seen big drop running from underneath rubber towards inside car, when pressed on rubber, where wet carpet is. and as i said, there is rusty pins, which holds carpet with plastic, and rubber goes over.

Offline mike w 84

• 2010 c4 grand picasso 1.6& 2001 xsara 1.4lx extra
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »
Check under the passenger side of the scuttle panel there is a panel under there that deflects the rain from getting in to the heater system,I had to resealable mine a little while back

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:07 pm »
i think i found problem.... have a look on picture, i think , that was leaking (damaged door rubber)

What yous think ?

• aka Phil1.6
  • Administrator
  • WRC Champion
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
All that rubber there looks a bit manky. Is that the join in the seal?

On my C5, the rubber is all one big loop, but I seem to remember the Xsara had a join at the bottom.

That all looks so battered, I don't know if you want to try to seal it, or simply replace?

Offline Mar4ix

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 05:27:37 pm »
All that rubber there looks a bit manky. Is that the join in the seal?

On my C5, the rubber is all one big loop, but I seem to remember the Xsara had a join at the bottom.

That all looks so battered, I don't know if you want to try to seal it, or simply replace?

as i said in other post, i collected driver door lock and door rubber seal from scrapyard, to save another trip, which paid off actually, fitted another rubber now, so waiting for rain now  :)