Yes several times but it still won't work. I know the fob works because I have an aftermarket head unit installed. I didn't modify the wiring so it doesn't turn off with the ignition. After the power to the dash has switched off (approx 10 mins after removing the key) if I press a button on the fob, it wakes the head unit up for a few seconds. So I know it's sending signals which the car is definitely receiving. Something (probably the BSI unit?) just isn't telling the locks to activate.Sschewie, looks like I'm in the same situation as you, any chance you got this sorted?
For anyone else who may be able to assist, here's how it started. Went to start the car last Tuesday (2003 VTS, good battery that's only 2 year old) in the evening (it had been fine earlier that day), unlocked doors with the working plip, turned the key to ignition, all checks appear fine, turned to start engine but wouldn't start. (The starter wouldn't even attempt to turn the engine over. Pulled the key out of the ignition and tried over for the next 30 mins. Gave up. Went to lock the car but the plip would no longer work. Figured it must be a coincidence and the plip battery died.
I've been using the key to access the vehicle, and the car has started and run fine since.
Replaced the plip battery the next day, no change and the original battery was still good. Tried all the reinitialisation methods I could find (see below), but none work:
Handbook: Insert key in ignition, press a button on plip to reinitialise.
To recode the plip:
Do not press any plip buttons for at least 1 min
Insert key into ignition and within 10 sec press the locking button for 5 secs
Remove the key and do not press any buttons for at least 30 secs.
Procedure for Initialising the BSI after key learning
1. Disconnect the diagnostic tool.
2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.
* Turn ignition on, open drivers window & open bonnett - do NOT run engine & get out of the car
* turn key off through open window
* Wait 4/5 Mins (waited 20 mins)
* Remove battery +
* go and make a brew & or some dinner
* Reconnect battery +
* Wait 4/5 Mins (waited 10 mins)
* Turn ignition on
Lastly, I have access to a lexia clone, would that be of any help? I understand keys can only be programmed once and would need a new/blank fob? Or is that only the immobiliser chip?